Roofing, and ALL your roofing needs.
Whether you need some shingles replaced, or a brand new roof, Island Wide Maintenance can take care of your roofing needs. So if it has been a while since any one has looked at your roof, or you just want to be safe, give us a call and we'll take a look and give you a free estimate.
7 signs you need a new roof:
1. Roof age: How old is your existing shingle roof? If it is older than 20 years its probably time to start thinking about a new one.
2. Curling and buckling of shingles: Shingles that are curled or buckled can mean that they are past their life expactancy.
3. Valleys: If your shingles are falling apart or missing in this area, it is a definite sign you may need a new roof. Valleys are one of the most important parts of your roof because it is where the snow and rain drain into the gutter. If the valley is compromised you could be susceptible to leaks.
4. Missing shingles: These are another sign your roof could be failing. Check to see if all of the “tabs” are intact.
5. Chimney flashing: This is another area to be concerned about. If your flashing consists of roof cement or tar, it may need to be replaced with a long term, water-tight fitting which would be a metal flashing system.
6. Shingle granules in the gutters: Look in your gutters to see if they are loaded up with granules. Roofs tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life cycle.
7. Daylight through the roof boards: Check your attic to see if there is any daylight coming through the roof boards. Also check for moisture in the insulation.